Friday, December 02, 2005

CHAPTER ONE, PART THREE

I remember reading comic books as a child and feeling the weight, this enormous anxiety, for the super heroes. I remember accepting fantasy as fact and then wondering how Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc., how all these heroes were able to accept the enormous responsibility of always having the potential of being a super hero. Did they ever feel pangs of guilt after moments spent as their true selves, their secret identity? Could they ever enjoy two or three hours watching a film in a movie theater while knowing all along that those hours could be used for doing so much more? And would there ever come a time when saving a life felt like an meaningless errand?

These are just some of the issues that I'm dealing with now. And as time progresses with my newfound powers, I'm finding that these questions don't have simple answers. Powers are totally stressing me out.

2 Comments:

Blogger AceLone said...

hey kool..

9:34 AM  
Blogger rowan said...

i think comic books can teach adults a thing or too. I like archies, personally. When I was going thru a hard time for some reason I started reading them again. It wasnt the same as when I was 9. It was just as good though. I didnt bother feeling strange or geekish or childish for it.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home